Privacy Access Statement: Adair Bungalows
Adair Bungalows recognises the importance of protecting the privacy of anyone who visits the Website and is committed to the privacy and security of your personal information.
When you view Adair Bungalows your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Privacy statement.
Purpose of this document:
This Privacy Statement sets out the policy adopted by Adair Bungalows towards the collection, processing and storage of information obtained from those visiting and using this site.
The collection and use by Adair Bungalows of information about you are in accordance with the Data Protection (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 2017 (“the Law”) and this Privacy Statement.
As a “data controller” in terms of the Law, we are responsible for collecting of and deciding how we hold as well as use the personal information about you.
It is important that you read this notice so that you are aware of how we collect and how as well as why we are using such information.
The managing of all your information will be done in compliance with the Law containing the following Data Protection Principles:
- Using data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collect data only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not use it in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Collect data only relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Collecting accurate data and keeping it up to date.
- Keeping data only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Keeping your data securely and confidentially.
The kind of information we hold about you:
When registering with the site, completing a Contact Information Form or contacting us by e-mail, we obtain personal information from you. This is information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). This information will be held on our database and will be kept secure. The information will not be made available for sale, and shall not be shared with third parties except where:-
- you have given specific consent as to what information, for what purpose and with whom specifically we may share it with; or
- there is a legal requirement to do so
The personal information is further used for notifying customers and partners of future updates to our products or services.
How is this data collected?
We collect information you provide to us by completing the online booking form, and by providing your card details for payment, as well as by phone enquiries, emails or the contact form on our website.
This Website contains hypertext links. Adair Bungalows are not responsible for the privacy policies operated by the owners of those sites and we do not accept responsibility for any information obtained by third parties as a result of use by you of such hypertext links.
How will we use the information about you?
We will only use your personal information when the Law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- We need to perform the contract we have entered into with you.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where is is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
We may also use your personal information in the following situations, which are likely to be rare:
- Where we need to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests).
- Where it is needed in the public interest.
If you fail to provide personal information
If you fail to provide certain information when requested we may not be able to enter into a contract or perform the contract we have entered into with you (such as taking a booking), or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations (such as not being able to provide your next destination when checking out)
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this required or permitted by law.
HOW WE USE PARTICULARLY SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Law requires higher levels of protection for “Special categories” of particular sensitive information. We need to have further justification for collecting, storing and using this type of personal information. We have in place appropriate safeguards which are required by Law when processing such data. We may process special categories of personal information in the following circumstances:
- In limited circumstances, with your consent.
- Where we need to carry out out legal obligations or exercise rights in connection with your contract.
- Where it is needed in the public interest such as for equal opportunities monitoring.
Less commonly, we may process this type of information where it is needed in relation to legal claims or where it is needed to protect your interests (or someone else’s) and you are not capable of giving your consent, or where you have already made the information public. We may also process such information in the course of of legitimate business activities with the appropriate safeguards.
We may have to share your data with third parties, including third party service providers. We require third parties to respect the security of your data and treat it in accordance with the law. We may transfer your personal information outside the Bailiwick.
If we do, you can expect a similar degree of protection in respect of your personal information.
- Why might we share your information to third parties?
- We shall share your personal information with the third parties where required by law, where it is necessary to administer the contractual relationship with you or where we have another legitimate interest to do so.
- Which third-party service providers process your personal information?
- “third parties” include third-party service providers who process your payment through Sagepay and the booking through the Freetobook-website
Although Adair Bungalows may take payment from your card details provided by you, Adair Bungalows does not get access to those details, it is kept securely by Sagepay.
Third parties only process your personal information on our instructions and where they have agreed to treat the information confidentially and to keep it secure.
- How long will your information be used for?
- We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal , accounting or reporting requirements.
- In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
Once you are no longer a customer we will retain and securely destroy your personal information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
RIGHTS OF ACCESS, CORRECTION, ERASURE AND RESTRICTION
- Your duty to inform us of changes
- It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during the period of your contractual relationship with us.
- Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information by requesting a copy to confirm what we hold and that we are lawfully processing it. Request correction of the personal information we hold that are inaccurate or incomplete.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or that of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground which includes processing of information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request a copy of your personal information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org at Adair Bungalows.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact email@example.com at Adair Bungalows. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
Adair Bungalows reserves the right periodically to update or modify this Privacy Statement. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will be posted on this site so users are always aware of the information collected, the reasons for such collection and the purposes, if any, to which Adair Bungalows may put such information. Adair Bungalows encourages users who may have specific concerns about the gathering or use of any such information to view this Privacy Statement regularly.